- 4 avocados
- 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chopped Jalapeño OR 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper OR 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 minced jalapeño OR 2 minced serrano chiles OR 2 tablespoon minced of any chile pepper like (adjust for spiciness)
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article ”Cookbook:Guacamole”, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.